Learning with families & Friends

Learning to Drive with Family & Friends

This website has been complied to help students learn to drive with family the Training matrix helps the Student decide how well they are learning & what needs to be covered the notes & videos give guidance as to what to do & how to do it. Also because it is on line drive with family& friends can also see what is being taught & what needs to be covered.

Practice makes perfect, so when you are driving a car and your instructor thinks you are not yet ready, why not get more practice with family or a friend.

Note:- Learners driving a car must hold a valid provisional licence. They must be supervised by someone at least 21 years old who holds a full licence and has held one for at least three years. drive with family

You will need insurance to drive a vehicle. Car insurance, much like navel fluff, is dull but unavoidable.
Don’t be a ‘blithering idiot’, don’t leave home without it. More information on car insurance.

drive with familyYou can now have an Insurance policy were you can drive almost any car, when you need it, from as short as a week. Drive your parents, grandparents, friends or relatives car without any risk to their insurance. Just take out a policy for each vehicle when you need it. More Information

I hope you find this website useful. If you need more advice please message me & I’ll try to help. I include 2 links to help you get some more help.

some practice hints for when you drive with family

Don’t carry passengers. There is no law to stop you having a passenger in the back of the car.
It is not normally a good idea to carry extra passengers, because it can affect your concentration. If you do then sit them where they will not restrict your view in the mirror

Driving lessons: who can teach you link to gov.uk site

Driving with friends and relatives

You can be fined up to £1,000 and get 3 to 6 penalty points on your provisional licence if you drive without the right supervision.

Anyone you practice your driving with (without paying them) must:

  • be over 21
  • be qualified to drive the type of vehicle you want to learn in, eg they must have a manual car licence if they’re supervising you in a manual car
  • have had their driving licence for 3 years (from countries in the European Commission or European Economic Area)
Translate »